WHAT IS SENSORY PLAY AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Sensory play is a type of play that encourages a child to use their senses in order to help build on their development. Children learn through their senses, and so we provide items that specifically focus on a variety of sensory stimulation.
But why is sensory play so important?
1. Sensory play builds nerve connections within the developing brain's neural pathways, allowing children to complete more complex learning tasks.
2. Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, motor skills, problem solving skills and social interaction.
3. Sensory play aids in developing and enhancing memory functioning
4. Sensory play is great for calming an anxious or frustrated child.
5. Sensory play helps children learn vitally important sensory attribute.
There are so many benefits from sensory play, so don't delay and take a look at our shop to see the exciting products we have to offer!